Monday, April 8, 2013

Scattered Memories

So as it turns out, I might have lost my Lab/Lec attendance sheet for CS194. I'm positive it's with me, dammit! Or in the province. I don't want to go back just to look for a piece of paper. That would be a huge waste of time and money. And like any panicking student would do, I turned the whole unit over. Minutes into looking for the elusive sheet of paper, I've come across a lot of junk that reminded me of different experiences I had during the 3 years I've currently spent in college. So I decided to log some of them that I've found interesting and tell you a bit about the story behind each one. Hopefully, I find my attendance sheet along the way. Lezzgow!
  • CS135 "Mission Sheets" - Exercise problems....? I'm not sure. It was called "Missions" in the sheets so let's leave it at that. Skimmed through it for a bit. I'm not sure how I got the answers for them, but I think I was able to pass it one way or another. Not really sure what I found interesting in that one. I'm not sure about a lot of things in this one. Moving on.
  • My All-Purpose Notebook - Used this one last semester. That's the only notebook I brought to school for the whole semester, and excluding all the doodling and scratch solutions to different problems across multiple subjects, I haven't even filled half of the notebook. I'm pretty sure this is not how I should be studying.
  • Chynna's random drawings on my all-purpose notebook - There are a number of drawings of girl's faces in my notebook drawn by aforementioned friend. I remember she remarked that she liked drawing on my notebook because there really isn't much in it that's especially important....or something like that. Hahaha, hello there, Chynna!
  • A bunch of CS145 Machine Exercise sheets and Long Exam sheets - They're scattered in different places across the house. But honestly, this is one of the most fun subjects I had this semester. My chest stings a bit while looking through each of them. *sigh* NDSG...
  • A Forever 21 Gift Card - Ooooh, guuuuurl!!! I forgot I had this. No no, this is not my mom's. This is seriously mine. My mom's good friend gave it to me when she came to visit. Better use this some time.
  • UP Sikat App Sheet - An introductory sheet where the general guidelines of the app process is written. There's also a blank space in the other half for notes. There was nothing written on it. From time to time, I still think if I made the right decision.
  • A couple of ArtStud1 ice breakers - They're shaped like miniature UP blue books in different neon colors. It was such a fun class with a very fun prof. I knew I could have aced that class or at least got a high grade from it. But no, I dropped that course for a really dumb reason which I haven't told my mom about. I plan to graduate first before telling her. That day is slowly, but surely, coming.
  • Gabbi's crumpled up debut invitation - The coolest invitation I got for anything, ever. (I don't get a lot of invitations.) It has a four-panel comic on the first half and a self-proclaimed "nerd and geeky invite" on the other. It wasn't an typical debut either. She invited our block to go laser tagging and pizza. Looking back at the photos, this might be one of the few times our block's been close to being complete. Good times. *random note : almost 2 years after, I still adhere to my belief that the boy in the comic is unbelievably reminiscent of someone very close to Gabbi's heart. HAHAHA hi Gabbi!
  • A pseudocode for AES's Mix Column step and a list of things I needed to do for that certain weekend - Just a bunch of things I wrote down on some random paper I had in my back, written in some pencil I conveniently had lurking in my bag back then. I wrote this down in the Ministop beside Robinson's Manila. I was so bored (and tired of walking around) I was forced to doodle about work. That was such a long and exhausting day. It didn't end pretty.
  • A compressed version of "June at Johnny"'s script where the previous bulet point was written on - Didn't remember I wrote it there until I unfolded the paper. It ended up being a scratch paper since when I printed it out in a computer shop, it came out with all the spaces deleted. Had to retype everything AND reprint everything. I was late to theater class because of that. Such a waste of time and money.
  • An Angry Birds rubber ball - Nope, no nostalgia trip here. Just gave me a way to waste a couple of minutes bouncing it off the walls and chasing it under tables and counter tops. Also missed a few heartbeats when it repeatedly tried to jump off my window 32 stories up from the ground.
And now I don't have any energy nor willingness to find that damned paper. I don't want so fail a one unit course just because of a freaking piece of paper that just might be left in the province. Oh man oh man oh man. But whatever, it was fun going through my stuff and talking about some of them. I can't throw any of them out. It's good to have a reminder of the past lying around the house or somewhere inside one of my bags. Big or small, good or bad, they're still remnants of the past that shaped me, and are now dear memories I'd treasure...until I forget them one by one because of age.

No comments:

Post a Comment