Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Don't Like Hospitals

   I don't like going to hospitals. Actually, throw in clinics to the mix as well. Whenever I go there, I feel like something's wrong with me. If it's not me, I'm probably there because something's wrong to someone close to me. And just in case I happen to be in a hospital without any significant reason, there's still something wrong with SOMEONE inside the building.

   I can feel the sheer sadness and agony of the patients inside the hospital. Everywhere I look, there's going to be someone ill, burned, broken. I know that I need to think of the hospital as a place of healing and new hope, but on the flipside, it's a place where pain and suffering is collected, concentrated. Its halls are filled with a certain feeling of dread. In worse cases, its filled with a lingering sense of death.

   For someone like me with an irresistible urge to help people and generally make the people around me free of pain, the hospital is the worst place to be in. I get suffocated in the thick cloud negativity in the air. It's as if I can feel a fraction of the sadness of every person I come across with. It's almost unbearable. I hate it.

1 comment: