Tuesday, October 30, 2012

(Untitled post) - Draft**

**Nope, this is not a draft.

I was browsing through my 'Posts' list and I saw this one, lonely draft. "(Untitled post)", it said. Now I've never made a draft of anything I write here. Up to this point, this blog has basically served as my journal wherein I purge my pent up negativity (i promise to change this hahaha). The posts here are born from the emotions and thoughts I had at that moment. They're not something I prepare ahead of time, revise, review the next day, then revise all over again. I'm not really writing anything literary here (yet. hopefully). It's just not how I've worked till now.

With that said, it was weird for me to see a draft in my list. It doesn't even have a title. Hmm, let's see what this post was supposed to be about.

*click*

It was a blank draft. An empty, clean slate. Well, that doesn't help. But I think I have an idea on what happened here. I wanted to write something, wasn't sure of it, erased it, wrote again, didn't feel right, erased, wrote again, got frustrated, erased, "I'll do this later", didn't come back.

I'm certain I wanted to say something but wasn't able to express it, and this lonely draft is all that remained of it.

I'm sure you have one, too.

So on that same, lonely, untitled draft, I write this entry.

Here's to all of our "unfinished drafts"! 
To all the things we couldn't say or express;
All the things we didn't have the courage to articulate;
All the words we should have told them, him or her;
All the moments we held back, got scared, wussed out, got too embarrassed or nervous;
All the blog posts marked as "Draft";
All the letters we didn't give or even finish writing;
All the unfinished artwork stored in the basement;
All the texts that fill up the draft folder, waiting to be sent;
All the flowers that inevitably wilted without even gracing her presence;
All of the original songs that we keep singing in our heads but never in front of the one its for;
All the feelings we choose to keep inside even though we know we have to let them be known.

May we compose ourselves enough to finish them, 
have the courage to publish them, 
or whenever applicable, 
have the will to finally delete them.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment